Every products that is sold on elfbarvapes.co are compliant with the TPD( Tobacco Products Directive) and TRPR (Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016)
What are TPD and TRPR?
The European Tobacco Products Directive (EUTPD), also known as the Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) (2014/40/EU), is a directive from the European Union that regulates the sale and marketing of tobacco and tobacco-related products throughout the EU. Its main objective is to provide a high level of health protection for all citizens in Europe. The TPD has been in effect for all EU Member States since May 20th, 2016.
The Tobacco and Related Products Regulations (TRPR) implemented the Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) regulations into UK law, which resulted in changes to certain rules related to vaping products.
What are the TRPR requirements?
- restrict e-cigarette tanks to a capacity of no more than 2ml
- restrict the maximum volume of nicotine-containing e-liquid for sale in one refill container to 10ml
- restrict e-liquids to a nicotine strength of no more than 20mg/ml
- require nicotine-containing products or their packaging to be child-resistant and tamper evident
- ban certain ingredients including colourings, caffeine and taurine
- include new labelling requirements and warnings
- require all e-cigarettes and e-liquids be notified and published by the MHRA before they can be sold
All products we sell at Elf Bar Vapes are 100% compliant with TRPR, and with over a decade in the industry we are perfectly placed to answer any questions you have regarding TPD, TRPR or n wider vaping questions. Simply reach out to our customer service team and we will be more than happy to help guide you with any vaping questions that you have.